Tuesday, July 15, 2014

200 Calorie Healthy Pancakes


My parents went out for dinner tonight (leaving me to fend for myself) so I decided to try a recipe I've seen circulating Pinterest for the past week: two ingredient pancakes. My fist thought was that all pancakes are made of two ingredients: water and pancake mix. That should tell you a little bit about my cooking style...

This recipe is pancakes made from bananas and eggs. I added a little vanilla and some cinnamon to sweeten it up but that's optional. Basically you add one medium sized banana into a bowl with an egg, mash everything up and mix it together, and then pour it on a griddle or frying pan. Cook like you would cook a normal pancake, but make sure the batter is thin because it takes a bit to cook through.

The batter smells a lot better than the finished product tastes. I thought I was going to have a vanilla cinnamon banana master piece, and I ended up with a subtle banana bread tasting circle blob. That's not to say this recipe isn't good, it's actually very delicious with syrup and some powdered sugar. I just had the expectation that I could make pancakes out of bananas and not have them taste like bananas...

The best part about this recipe is that it actually fills you up. It's about 200 calories to make (including syrup if you don't go overboard) and not boring at all. I would be interested to add in other fruit such as blueberries to see if that added to the taste.

I would recommend this recipe to any banana fans, or anyone who is looking for a healthy breakfast and has some time on their hands. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS