Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Cinnamon and Honey Cleanse


There are plenty of products in the world that claim to make you lose weight quickly, or drop inches in a week, but I personally don't trust any of them. I don't know what some pill is made of that I have to take three times a day on the full moon or twice a day on the half moon and jump up and down three times before I take it. Sounds sketch. Plus, companies are making money from these products, which means they probably don't care if they really work or not, they're just out for a profit. I'm not trying to sound like a conspiracy theorist, so I decided to try a pin that I've had for a long time that is supposed to help with weight loss: cinnamon and honey.

I have never done any sort of cleanse before. I'm planning on doing the master cleanse before school starts, but I think for the good of society (and my relationships) that I should avoid situations that put me in a 24/7 state of hangry-ness. So in the meantime, I've been doing the cinnamon and honey cleanse. Basically you mix two teaspoons honey with two teaspoons cinnamon and mix them together with a cup of boiling water. You are recommended to drink this concoction before bed, and thirty minutes before breakfast in the morning.

Cinnamon and honey in water does not taste as good as it sounds. Thinking to yourself that it doesn't even sound that good? Yup, you've got it. It's not unbearable, but I struggle to get the last bit down every time, and if you let it cool too much it is absolutely disgusting. So two notes: drink it fast and drink it hot.

So why subject myself to this weird mixture twice a day? Well for one, the first night I did it I woke up four pounds lighter. Attribute that to what you may, but I think it made a difference. Secondly, after drinking it one night and then one morning, working out became SO much easier. I actually enjoyed my run, and didn't feel like I was about to face plant into the pavement from lack of oxygen. This mixture really makes you feel better. I doubt that's something that extreme diets and wacky pills can say. I think that if combined with healthy eating and exercise this cleanse can make a difference.

I'm not saying drinking this mix will solve all of your weight loss problems, but there are also a lot of other health benefits to the combination. Besides weight loss, cinnamon and honey together have a ton of health benefits from healing stomach ulcers to improving your immune system to helping cure your cold. Apparently the cure to all of the world's health ailments are right in your baking ingredients and spice cabinets!


1 comment:

  1. Definitely going to be trying this!

    southernbelleramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS