Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Best Friends



I'm that girl that already has her bridesmaids picked out. It may sound crazy to some people, but to me it means that I am lucky enough to have friends that I know I will have for the rest of my life. And I'm also lucky enough that my bridal party just keeps growing.

One of my best friends that I met at college is leaving on Friday to study abroad in Australia. We met through a riding class and survived rush together, and she knows all of my secrets, or at least the relevant ones. She understands me when I get frustrated with my sorority sisters or my boyfriend, and is actually honest with me about how I look in a dress. She's always there to make me look good when I feel like a bum, and convinces me to go out and have a life instead of watching my sixth episode of Nashville. She makes my life better with her sense of humor, crazy stories and adventures, and willingness to always eat or go shopping. She is a voice of reason, but laughs with me when I make stupid decisions. 

After her adventures in the land down under, we'll be living together in the spring semester. I know that wine Wednesdays, spa Fridays, and Sunday dinners will all be regular things in our apartment, and I absolutely cannot wait to be our weird but incredible awesome selves together all the time. I am so thankful to have her as a friend, and I will actually miss her while she's gone. I say "actually" because while I love my friends, it takes a lot for me to get really attached to them. I never understood the value of girl time or girls nights, and she taught me to. Now that she's leaving, it means so much more. But that just means so much more to look forward to in the spring.

So I am thankful for friendships that get you through everything, and friends that understand the need to sometimes drink a whole bottle of wine (or three) in one sitting. I'm thankful for friendships that can survive long distance, because I know we'll still share our ridiculous lives through Facebook, texting, and interpretations of TSM articles. I'll miss her while she's gone, but I know we'll be right back at our shenanigans come January 2015.

Close friends are truly live's treasures. Sometimes they know us better than we know ourselves. With gentle honesty, they are there to guide and support us, to share our laughter and our tears. Their presence reminds us that we are never really alone.
This is just a quote from Pinterest, but it says it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS