Sunday, June 29, 2014

The Swing of Things


It isn't even the Fourth of July yet and holy whoa this summer is really taking off. Life has not gone as planned in both good and bad ways, but everything is still moving forward. And things are moving FAST.

Earlier in June I became the editor in chief of The Odyssey at Cornell, and I absolutely love the position. I get to call potential writers, edit articles, and get my articles published. It is a blast! It has taught me how to do phone interviews (for some reason I hated phone calls before) and recruit writers and even in the short time I've been at it I've already learned so much.

I've become a brand representative for a few more companies in addition to Kiss My Southern Sass, and this is my last week working away from home. Which means, I have started job hunting. I'm in the process of finding two jobs (on top of doing everything else) because I have big goals and those goals require funding. But that also means that going to work will mean so much more. I'm not just working, I'm giving myself the ability to have opportunities and open doors that I would not have without hard work in many different areas. Life requires work, but when you're working towards what you love, it can't be all that bad. Or at least that's what I'm hoping...

In addition to all of that fun stuff, the Fourth of July is on Friday! The Fourth is my absolute favorite holiday because it is celebrating our great country, and the men and women who have given us freedom. My boyfriend is coming up for the weekend, and among the weekend activities include a day by the lake, lots of fireworks, a trip to the zoo, stuffing our faces with Dinosaur Barbecue, and lots of time with family and friends. Nothing makes getting through the week easier than knowing every hour you're one step closer to a fantastic weekend!

Have a good week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS