Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Here Comes the Sun



The grass is green and the sky is blue and there are three classes left in the semester.
I absolutely cannot wait for summer.
Doing the long distance relationship thing isn't going to be ideal, 
but I am very ready for some relaxation and consistently nice weather.

It's hard to believe that my friends and I are actually old enough to have "real people jobs" all over the country. At this point, there are only two more New York winters for me before I head down South. I don't feel old enough for all of this. If I wasn't doing a fifth year of college, I would be graduating next spring and it would only be one more winter. I was talking with my best friend while I was home for the weekend and my 21st birthday is coming up, and how once you're 21 there aren't many birthdays left to look forward to. This is the decade of life where it's time to starting thinking about jobs and moving and marriage and kids, and then to start actually doing those things. It's exciting but overwhelming at the same time.

Graduation is still two years away for me, but my friends and boyfriend are graduating next year, and my best friend will likely be engaged shortly after that. I'm starting to reevaluate my life goals. There are so many things I want to do before I settle down, and I don't plan on settling down for quite a while. There are too many things to do and see before I'm tied down with a house and kids. I feel like I'm so close to being a full on adult, and it makes me realize I am in no hurry for all of that responsibility. Freedom is the greatest asset, whether it's with money, time, or decisions. Right now I can make decisions that will give me freedom later on, and I can enjoy the freedom that I have now that comes with the lack of major responsibilities.

Carpe diem to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS