Sunday, May 11, 2014

A College Girl's Prayer


Dear Father,
  
Give me kindness. Take away from me the biting tongue, the cruel intolerance or youth, and give me sympathy. Give me broadness of vision, an earnestness of purpose. Help me, God, to see Thy plan for me; to study and play with that before me. In all things keep me true to my best self, dear Father, help me always to keep my highest ideals and be true to them. Take away any taint of snobbishness, let me be natural, help me to be myself. Dear Lord, help me to live each day as though it were my last.

Give me friends, wise Father, real friends, not flatterers, friends who through life will leave their kindly stamp on me. In some ways, my Father, help me to fulfill my mother's dreams for me, my father's wishes, and above all, Thine own perfect pattern for me.

Amen.

4 comments:

  1. I love this :)
    http://memandco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great prayer, thanks for sharing! ;)

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! I'm glad you like it :)

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS