Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Behind the Name: Pursuit of Pizzazz


Plot twist, I decided to change my blog name. What was previously "Seeking the South" is now "Pursuit of Pizzazz." Life is too uncertain right now to be focused solely on my goal of moving down South. And besides, New York isn't all that bad when it's summer and you can spend a few days a week by a lake. Right now in my life there are so many things to accomplish and experience, and I have never been more excited to just live. Obviously I like blog names that deal with the idea of a journey, and I also apparently enjoy onomatopoeia. So why "Pursuit of the Pizzazz"?

When I was looking up words that started with p (yes I actually Googled "words that start with p") I realized that pizzazz is such an underrated word. The idea of combining vitality, having energy and strength, with glamour, characterized by enchantment, excitement and allure, means you have to be almost irresistible. You have a mix that doesn't create physical attraction necessarily, but definitely energy and passion.

Pizzazz (noun): an attractive combination of vitality and glamour.

Honestly I almost didn't pick the word because it's not a very pretty word. It kind of sticks in your mouth and doesn't flow very well off the tongue. But once I looked up the definition, I knew that it was perfect. Life is never straight forward. It is not simple, or boring, and it is always dynamic and changing. The only thing I focus on is that the sun will always come up tomorrow, and time will pass whether I am cowering under the covers hiding from the world, or out there going at it trying to get what I want. I control my own future and I am going to make it the best I can. I have made mistakes in the past, and also been affected by things that I cannot control, but that is behind me and I am going to move forward. Besides, I think everyday would be better with a little more pizzazz.

"Just because today is a terrible day doesn't mean tomorrow won't be the best day of your life.
You just have to get there"


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS